This post contains links that, if you click on them and make a purchase, will earn me money. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. . Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be good for my readers. Thanks for helping me continue to produce great content!
What is a Desperation Dinner?
Five Ingredient Maple Dijon Chicken is on my short list of recipes I think of as Desperation Dinners. Desperation Dinners are dinners that occur because 5:00 has unexpectedly rolled around AGAIN, and you need to throw something together in a flash!
This recipe is so easy, so flavorful, and so delicious that you’ll be GLAD to add this one to your weeknight repertoire. I don’t even need to write a lot of words to doll this one up.
What Kind of Chicken Do You Need for This Recipe?
You can make this recipe with chicken breasts or chicken thighs (or drumsticks, if that’s what you have on hand). Just adjust the cooking time accordingly: breasts take almost an hour in my oven, whereas thighs take 45 minutes.
Boneless chicken takes less time than bone-in chicken, but I think bone-in meat usually tastes better, so bear that in mind as well.
Your oven will likely vary from mine, so take your chicken’s little temperature with a digital thermometer. It needs to have reached 165º. I served my chicken with roasted broccoli – another really easy and delicious recipe that I can hook you up with – and rice. Fast. Easy. Delicious. Yum.
If you like this recipe, please share it on Facebook or tweet it on Twitter. And by all means, pin it on Pinterest so you remember to try it!
- 1 package of chicken breasts or thighs (1 1/2 -2 lbs. chicken)
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
- (I didn't count the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper as ingredients, but I'm OK with that.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken on both sides and place in an 13 x 9" baking dish. I prefer sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix together mustard, maple syrup, and rice wine vinegar.
- Pour mustard mixture over chicken, being sure that both sides are thoroughly coated.
- Roast chicken at 350º for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Chicken will be done when the largest piece of chicken reaches 165º internally.
- Sprinkle roasted chicken with rosemary, and drizzle with the sauce it has roasted in.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 892mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 18g