My Family’s Favorite Dish Video

This post contains links that, if you click on them and make a purchase, will earn me money. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be good for my readers. Thanks for helping me continue to produce great content!

Ever wondered what the actual voice of the writer sounds like? Here’s a video that my friend Richard Chisum shot of our family, and of me, preparing one of our family’s favorite dishes, Goat Cheese Macaroni and Cheese with Roasted Garlic. Hope you like it!!!

You’ll find my recipe here,  The original recipe I got from Iron Chef Michael Symon, for Goat Cheese Macaroni and Cheese. But then I adapted it by adding Roasted Garlic, and that crunchy topping from the Chicken Skin Bacon? Well…that just can’t be beat! A year later, this is still the dish my kids ask for at birthdays.

Susan Williams – These Are the Good Old Days from Richard Chisum on Vimeo.

Yum
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.

Comments

1. It's always fascinating to me to 'hear' fellow bloggers / virtual friends so yes..I loved this video! Everything looked so yummy, Susan! And what's not to love about chicken skin bacon, right? Among Filipinos, we have what's called 'chicken skin chicharon', (single 'r' for us), and essentially it's fried / crisped up chicken skin (instead of the traditional pork rinds). Sinful indeed! Thanks for sharing this recipe. 🙂

2. Not a dish I'd conceive of so I'm anxious to try it!

3. Rena McDaniel says

I loved the video! Sounds delicious and it was fun hearing the voice behind the words!

4. Great video! Loved what you did with the chicken skin, looks yummy. You live in my favorite city. From the first time my husband took me to Nashville 20+ years ago, for some reason it always feels like home when we go back.
    My recent post Europa Village

5. Rebecca Burns says

Looks yummy!

6. Now I really want to come to your house for dinner!

7. Amy Bartley says

Loved this video! I'll have to try this dish with my family; I think they'd love it.

8. imnotasupermom says

How do you not have your own cooking show? Great video–you look and sound great!
    My recent post Check Out GoPro Cameras at Best Buy!

9. So my Noah saw the chicken skin bacon part… He's in love. I think I need to make this for the minions.

10. eveofreduction says

great video. I love how you are bold with flavor. I must try the chicken bacon – I've got 2 boys who would love that!

11. I like you addition of roasted garlic to mac and cheese. I'll have to try that next time I make mac and cheese.

My mind is blown by hearing your voice!! Wow 🙂

12. Sounds so yummy!

13. sharongreenthal says

You are a natural in front of the camera! Now I feel like I've met you 🙂

14. I really like experimenting with foods that are based on familiar recipes, but then kicked up a notch or two. This recipe fills the bill. And your on-screen presence is just as warm and inviting as I imagined.

15. Beth Nichols says

Thanks, Susan. That looks delicious! It was fun to hear you.

16. I love your kitchen!

17. susan, great video, well done!
    My recent post Thanksgiving Roast Chicken, Zuni Cafe Style from Legendary Judy Rodgers