This post contains links that, if you click on them and make a purchase, will earn me money. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. . Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be good for my readers. Thanks for helping me continue to produce great content!
|Wonder why I’m sporting a halo? Me, too. But, read on…
5 Things You Don’t Know About Me:
- I laugh loudly. But you can’t hear me over the internet. (At least, I don’t think you can. Can you?)
- I’m wearing my pajamas. Seriously. Doesn’t matter what time it is when you’re reading this. Odds are, I’m likely wearing my pajamas.
- I’m much cooler in real life. (This could be due to the fact that I’m wearing pajamas.)
- I might need a shower.
- I used to sing in Ukrainian over short-wave radio. (You might already know this, if your name is Donna, Val, or Dave. Or Stephanie or Paul. Otherwise, I’m pretty sure you didn’t know that.)
- I’ve spent a lot of time reading and studying the Bible. A lot, a lot, a lot. And it’s a darn shame it didn’t take any better than it has.
- I know how to tell a story: there’s some kind of alchemy that happens when I sit down and start to tell one. I can do it in a live situation, and I can do it in print. I don’t understand it, but I accept it. And I think it’s probably a God-thing.
- I know how to cook pretty well. There must be osmosis involved in that, from growing up in the house that I did and just absorbing what my Mom was doing in the kitchen. Add in a little creative drive, sprinkle with several years of experience, and voilà. There you have it. The girl can cook.
- I know how to speak dog. I can channel your dog’s inner voice, if you don’t know what it sounds like yourself. I can summon it forth. I hate to brag, but, there it is.
- I know a fair amount about the music bidness, from behind the scenes. And my friends, there are things I wish I DIDN’T know about the music bidness.
- Lawd, Miz Scahlett, I don’t know nufin’ ’bout birfin’ no baybiz. (AS IF I could resist that one!!!)
- I know nothing about, (nor do I CARE to know anything about) car maintenance, or car repair. If my husband had croaked this summer, I would have been Wheelless in the Boonies. I thank God above for a man who tends to such things here below.
- I know nothing about the advanced maths or sciences. (Sing with me: “Don’t know much trigonometry…”) I accept applied science and technology for the miracles that they are (and yes, I meant that to be ironic).
- I know nothing about politics: who COULD get us out of the economic mess we’re in? I have no idea. (Actually, I know enough about human nature to fear that the answer is “no one”. But I really don’t know if that’s right, either.)
- The future. I actually know nothing about the future, more’s the pity. Even though I not only predict it but also dread it, with regularity. (There are also occasions when I anticipate it and look forward to it with great optimism. Happily, my glass is often half-full.)
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. And in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord, and in all the rest of the Apostles’ Creed.
- I believe that there is spiritually, inside of each one of us, a God-shaped hole, that longs for meaning and purpose for our lives that is beyond just ourself, and that that void was created by and meant to be filled by a relationship with our Creator, (who then teaches us how to express that love by reaching out in love to others).
- I believe that Jesus intended for us to have life to the full, and not to kill our joy.
- I believe that a lot of my time I spend chasing after things that will not bring true joy or satisfaction.
- I believe I’ll go to bed, now.